Thursday 28 July 2016

The Lowry

Living in Salford, as I do, gives me access to not just the theatres and other venues in Manchester but also The Lowry Centre at Salford Quays.

With an art gallery, exhibition space, 2 main theatres and studio space, there's usually something going on of interest.

There's a lively programme of comedy running throughout the year and I was picking up tickets to see James Acaster, Ellie Taylor and Justin Moorhouse this autumn and, having spent a few quid on tickets, I decided a cup of coffee and a cake was in order at the cafe.

I was delighted to see that coffee cake was on the menu - and it looked promising so...


Well, it LOOKED promising but: the icing, whilst nice and thick in places, was mushy and too sweet - not much coffee there at all. The sponge was quite nice but, again, coffee coloured but not coffee flavoured. And the slice wasn't as big as I would have hoped for. 

Now, to be fair, I didn't go there for the coffee cake, I went there for the comedy so I shouldn't be too disappointed but I was - as it wasn't cheap!

Price: £3.25
Walnut Garnish: no
Walnut in sponge: no
Sponge: 7/10
Icing: 4/10
Filling: no




No comments:

Post a Comment